Video - Euractiv interview 'Over a coffee with Alberto Mazzola'
In this in-depth interview, CER Executive Director Alberto Mazzola sits with EurActiv reporter Sean Goulding Carroll to discuss all things rail. The conversation covers a wide range of topics including:
- The impact of COVID-19 on the rail sector
- The importance of infrastructure for the European high-speed rail network, more international passenger services, and modal shift to rail freight
- The Fit for 55 package and extending the EU Emissions Trading System to road to reach a level playing field
- The Interrail pass and they ties between rail & youth
- Women in rail and the recent agreement with trade unions
- New technologies like digital automatic coupling
- And of course the EU Year of Rail and the Connecting Europe Express
Watch the full interview on EurActiv's website here.