Assistant to the Executive Director
Full-time, based in Brussels
The Community of European Railway and Infrastructure Companies (CER) is looking to recruit a Personal Assistant to the Executive Director.
CER’s role is to represent the interests of its members on the EU policy-making scene, in particular to support an improved business and regulatory environment for European railway operators and railway infrastructure companies.
Purpose of the role
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the personal assistant is responsible for organising all his activities and provides key administrative and logistical support.
As part of your role, you will manage a complex calendar of professional meetings, conferences, personal appointments, and travel.
You will handle daily correspondence and draft business letters.
You will also ensure the preparation of all CER internal and external meetings and events for the Executive Director, both in form and content and take care of minute-taking when required.
For both internal and external meetings and events, you will research and gather background materials and information, prepare documents and presentations.
You will organise CER statutory and high-level meetings.
You will organise travel and bookings; manage all aspects of travel, logistics and expense reports.
When needed, you will provide support with CER events.
You will coordinate between the Executive Director and the team.
Required skills and qualifications
- Minimum 8 years relevant work experience after obtaining a bachelor degree;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French, good knowledge of another major European language is considered a plus;
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, repor writing and presentations;
- Strong personal and excellent organisational skills;
- A high degree of computer literacy - fully conversant with MS Office;
- Strong time-management and multitasking abilities;
- Positive mindset, professional attitude, solution oriented, and able to remain calm under pressure and keep to tight deadlines;
- Team player, able to build good working relationships with colleagues;
- A flexible and proactive attitude to work.
- A permanent and full-time CDI
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- A very competitive compensation package
- The opportunity to work in a quality-oriented and intellectually stimulating environment in very nice and premium located offices.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter for the attention of Ms Veerle Notaert and a CV in English electronically to
Applications will be treated in confidence.
The closing date for applications is 30 November 2023.
The Community of European Railway and Infrastructure Companies (CER) brings together close to 70 railway undertakings, their national associations as well as infrastructure managers and vehicle leasing companies. CER members represent 78% of the European rail network length, 81% of the European freight business and 94% of rail passenger operations in Europe.